Wohler AMP2A-10S Audio Monitor
SKU: AMP2A-10S-PN8100-0200 Ship Time: 3-4 Business days
2 Channel Analog Audio Monitor 2RU
The AMP2A-10S provides self-powered, full-fidelity stereo audio monitoring in a compact two rack space cabinet. A front panel switch allows the operator to select one stereo source for monitoring and output from up to 10 stereo analog inputs (20 channels).
The AMP2A-10S features two 20-segment LED level meters showing VU or PPM for accurate level-metering. This unit contains three audiophile-quality drivers and three power amplifiers; two speakers and amplifiers reproduce midrange and high frequency information in stereo, while the third amp/driver combination handles summed LF information below the 500 Hz crossover point.
The unique design provides optimally focused sound for operators in an ultra near field (1 to 3 ft.) working environment and offers performance comparable to that of many separate monitor pairs, yet does so without the installation hassles, awkward speaker placements and “added-on” look. This provides for a higher SPL for the operator while reducing overall ambient sound and adjacent bay crosstalk.
Excellent HF response reveals potential problems with audio whine or hiss and electronic rather than acoustic cancellation of bass frequencies provides positive audible detection of out-of-phase (reversed polarity) audio feeds. A headphone jack is provided on the front panel, usage automatically mutes the speakers. The front panel features an innovative LED Display of phase/polarity relationships. Output limiter circuits are incorporated to protect the speakers, and extensive magnetic shielding allows placement immediately adjacent to video monitors with no color impurities.
The AMP2A-10S is ideally suited for use in VTR bays, mobile production vehicles, teleconferencing installations, multimedia systems, satellite link and cable TV facilities, and on-air radio studios.
- Premium quality drivers
- Twenty balanced analog Inputs (10 stereo, select 1)
- Balanced analog output of selected stereo source
- Powerful 104dB SPL at 2 feet (0.6m)
- Two 20-segment tri-color level meters displaying VU or PPM
- Excellent frequency response and low distortion
- Innovative LED Display of Phase/Polarity Relationships
- Headphone jack (mutes speakers)
- Blowout proof speakers
- Quick and simple installation
- Premium quality drivers provide superior reproduction.
- Audible indication of phase/polarity problems provide instant information.
- Thorough magnetic shielding allows placement next to video monitors
- Focused sound reduces adjacent bay crosstalk.