Blackmagic Mini Converter - Up/Down/Cross
SKU: CONVMUDC Ship Time: 3-4 Business days
The Mini Converter UpDownCross from Blackmagic Design converts between SD and HD video formats and functions as a 4-field standards converter. It allows you to cross-convert 720p to 1080i, enabling editing and mastering in SD, 720p, and 1080i video. It uses the 10-bit SDI video quality with multi-tap image filtering and processing. The mini converter includes auto SD/HD switching, which allows the converter to instantly switch between SD and HD video formats automatically when the video input changes. Compatible with 3G-SDI technology, the converter includes a built-in USB connection for future updates and video format compatibility.
The converter's low SDI jitter allows you to use long SDI cable lengths in conjunction with internal power supplies; this enables ultra low-noise broadcast-quality analog video and audio over long distances. It supports multi-channel audio with automatic delay for matching any video processing delay. The Mini Converter's settings are controlled using the built-in DIP switches or via USB using the control software for Max OS X or Windows computers, which can be downloaded on Blackmagic Design's website. The USB port also enables the firmware to be updated. For powering the device, a 12V power supply is included with international socket adapters.
- Full up, down, and cross conversion between HD and SD video formats
- Single SD/HD/3G-SDI input
- Five SD/HD/3G-SDI outputs, one loop-through output
- Automatically detects SD, HD, or 3G‐SDI signals
- Converts 720p to 1080i or 1080i to 720p
- Auto SD/HD switching for instantly switching between SD and HD video formats
- Full 10-bit processing with high-quality video filtering
- Supports multi-channel audio
- Built-in USB connection for upgrades and future video compatibility
- Built with high-quality standards and low SDI jitter to get longest SDI cable lengths
- Universal power supply included with international socket adapters and cable tie point
- Control via built-in mini switches or software